- Home »
- 2012 Wyoming County Needs Forum
2012 Wyoming County Needs Forum
The 2012 Wyoming County Needs Forum promotes healthy decision-making through informed research findings on the health and well-being of Wyoming County and its residents. The presented research also serves as a guide to the Wyoming Foundation's and Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo's programmatic work and grantmaking.
In addition to reporting developments in the healthcare sector, the Forum also evaluated the state of the county's arts and culture, education and business sectors.
Click here to view photos of the 2012 Wyoming County Needs Forum.
2012 Wyoming County Needs Forum Assessment Findings:
- Click to download a pdf containing the Wyoming County Health Needs Assessment and Guidance Report for 2013 to 2017.
- Click to download a pdf containing the Needs Assessment of Wyoming County's arts and culture, business, and education sectors.
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo and the Wyoming Foundation are committed to working with Wyoming County residents to help assess the needs of area citizens. This commitment has helped us build a partnership with communities of Wyoming County where we can continue to develop and identify the pressing needs of all county residents.
Prior to this event, a forum was developed which included a series of discussions and dialogue that identified the health needs of Wyoming County residents. Prior health assessments were supported by William F. Thiel, a long-time philanthropist in the Wyoming County area who left a significant legacy to the county through the creation of the William F. Thiel Trust, a fund held by the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo to benefit the health needs of the residents of Wyoming County.
This fund helped to create a Health Needs Assessment for Wyoming County in 2006. The Wyoming County Needs Assessment titled "Advancing the Health of Wyoming County Residents" (AHWCR) is available by clicking the link below.
- 1974: The Wyoming Foundation was established
- 1977: The Wyoming Foundation began to actively support a variety of cultural, educational, and human services organizations.
- 1997: The William F. Thiel Fund was established at the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
- Between 1999-2005: The Thiel Fund awarded 15 grants totaling $1,124,971 to eight organizations.
- 2006: With support from the William F. Thiel Fund, the Community Foundation administered the 2006 Wyoming County Health Needs Assessment to county residents.
- 2007: The Wyoming Foundation joined forces with the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo to expand their philanthropic scope, and to better serve area residents.
- Between 2007-2012: The Thiel Fund awarded 25 grants totaling $1,478,278.