Wyoming Foundation Grants
The Wyoming Foundation was established in 1974 by Dr. James MacCallum as a means to improve the quality of life in Wyoming County. Since 1977, the Wyoming Foundation has actively supported a wide variety of cultural, educational and human services organizations.
In 2012, the Wyoming Foundation, in conjunction with the community and non-profit professionals, undertook a survey to identify the most pressing needs of Wyoming County. The 2012 Needs Assessment of Wyoming County was introduced to the public at a September forum.
You may review the Needs Assessment here.
During the 2015 competitive grant cycle, the Wyoming Foundation awarded grants to 11 nonprofit organizations in Wyoming County that support a wide variety of community needs.
Following the 2012 Needs Assessment, the Wyoming Foundation identified two priorities for its work in the county:
- To prepare youth to graduate from high school with training and education opportunities which lead to jobs in Wyoming County
- To Increase participation in arts/cultural offerings.
- The Wyoming Foundation will support initiatives and programs that can show maximum positive impact on Wyoming County.
For the 2016 competitive grants process, the Wyoming Foundation will give funding preference to grant applications focusing on its two priorities.
For 2016, approximately $13,000 is available to support competitive grants. Individual grants will range from $500 to $2,000.
Collaborative projects are encouraged.
The Wyoming Foundation competitive grant process is conducted through an online grant application and processing system. In addition, grantees utilize the system in order to report outcomes when grant funding is expended.
- Applicants must be located or delivering services in Wyoming County New York.
- Grants are awarded only to organizations that have current Section 501(c)3 status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- At any given time organizations can only have one open competitive grant with the Foundation.
The Foundation will not consider competitive funding for:
- Higher education scholarships (separate application, deadlines, and process)
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside Wyoming County.
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity. Funds from the foundation cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office.
- Projects and activities that have occurred. The Foundation will not, except in extraordinary cases, provide payment or reimbursement for expenses incurred prior to the funding decision being communicated to the applicant.
- RFP posted online: April 1, 2016
- Application deadline: May 6, 2016 at 4PM
- Notification to applicants: ~ Late June 2016
For more information about the Wyoming Foundation call (585) 285-4135.