Supporting the Arts
To support arts and cultural organizations that are central to the fabric and quality of life of our community, the Community Foundation convenes the Fund for the Arts (FFA). Within the FFA, there are a number of initiatives funded by different combinations of local, state and national foundations. The Foundations that contribute to FFA initiatives do so with the understanding that by pooling resources and working collaboratively, they can have a greater impact.
Since its inception in 2005, FFA initiatives have invested more than $2 million in local arts organizations. This funding is in addition to grants awarded by the individual participating funders through their own grants processes.
2011 FFA Grants
Fund for the Arts announced it's 2011 general operating grants for Erie County cultural organizations.
Funders that have contributed to initiatives within the Fund for the Arts include:
- Baird Foundation
- The Cameron and Jane Baird Foundation
- Louis P. Ciminelli Family Foundation
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
- Davis Family Foundation
- Josephine Goodyear Foundation
- The Kresge Foundation
- The Patrick P. Lee Foundation
- The John R. Oishei Foundation
- The M&T Foundation
- The Margaret L. Wendt Foundation
- New York State Council on the Arts
- Western New York Foundation