The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is seeking to hire an Associate Vice President.
The Associate Vice President (AVP) is a member of the Giving Strategies Team and reports to the Executive Vice President. The position will have overall operational responsibility for the Foundation’s giving strategies efforts to build the client base of the Foundation and ensure that excellent service is provided to clients. Responsibilities also include overseeing daily management of the six-person function team, ensuring processes and technologies are efficient and utilized effectively, as well as managing a small portfolio of clients/prospective clients. This AVP role is primarily designed to focus internally with approximately one third of the time focused externally.
The successful AVP candidate is a senior professional with experience in business/client/donor development and supporting systems. S/he is highly organized, proactive, and excellent at follow-through, process management and communication. S/he should be motivated by the important mission-driven work of the Community Foundation and must maintain exceptional standards of ethics and confidentiality.
AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attract, develop, coach and retain a high-performance Giving Strategies Team ensuring a positive, collaborative environment committed to continuous improvement
- Ensure the coordination of current and prospective client engagement and service to advance the Foundation’s mission and vision
- Establish annual priorities, objectives, workplans and professional development goals; Manage the daily and long-term activities that ensure giving strategies programs achieve their goals with appropriate evaluation mechanisms
- Manage, refine and support a service strategy that deepens client relations, as needed
- Work closely with other departments to ensure timely and accurate financial transactions and gift instruments for clients, assuring client intent in grant distributions
- Oversee relationships with geographic divisions and giving circles and manage a portfolio of clients
- Identify opportunities to improve technology functions enhancing client relations
- Work with the Communications department to develop and deliver key messages about work with clients that reflect the Foundation’s brand and brand promises
- Manage Giving Strategies team, currently six members
- Direct reports to the AVP will be the following positions:
- Senior Director, Client Relations
- Director, Client Relations
- Director, Gift Planning
- Develop and monitor the team’s annual operational budget
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful professional experience in leading, managing and supervising teams and interacting with clients/donors
- Seven to 10 years of demonstrated success in business/client/donor development, wealth management or estate planning
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred. Demonstrated successful experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Demonstrated success in designing and sustaining management and operational plans to advance long-term goals through annual workplans
- Experience in communicating in a persuasive, credible manner, in person, in digital settings and in writing and presentations
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationship with individuals, professional advisors and representatives of nonprofit organizations
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft components and experience with CRM/database
- Understanding and adherence to high standards of ethics and confidentiality
- Ability to attend off-site events and represent the Foundation effectively
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
Celebrating its centennial year in 2019, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo was established in 1919 to enhance and encourage long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. For 100 years the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at www.cfgb.org.
We’re looking for talented people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org. Please submit responses electronically via email. Response may also be received by U.S. Postal Service if an electronic medium is not available. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.