We are looking for a highly-organized, detail-oriented and collaborative individual to join our Communications team. The Communications Assistant, Digital Marketing will be a strong writer with deep knowledge of various digital platforms. They will be responsible for supporting and coordinating digital marketing projects for the team, including but not limited to: social media pages (Facebook and LinkedIn), emails through Mailchimp and websites through WordPress, as well as reporting on analytics for all. Additionally, the Communications Assistant, Digital Marketing will support communications for all Community Foundation initiatives. This position is full-time and reports to the Director, Communications.
AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with content creation/calendars and posting on various social media pages including Facebook and LinkedIn for multiple initiatives
- Drafts/builds emails in Mailchimp; manages/updates email lists; coordinates approvals and sends emails though Mailchimp
- Updates multiple websites through WordPress
- Manages domain and hosting registrations and renewals for all Community Foundation websites
- Analytics/reporting on websites and social media: leads monthly meetings with Communications team to report on results and discuss/document new strategies/tactics based on results; regularly updates social media tracker documents
- Tracks news stories; creates quarterly news reports to share with stakeholders
- Downloads and organizes incoming content through online storytelling software
- Photography at meetings and events and as needed
- Supports the Communications team administratively as needed, including but not limited to: scheduling and preparing documents for meetings, taking meeting notes, preparing physical mailings and research
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates collaborative work style experience within teams and across an organization to achieve best possible results.
- Open to researching and learning new technology to best meet the changing needs of the team and organization.
- Actively participate in meetings
- Demonstrates experience with prioritizing work when committed to multiple projects simultaneously; Demonstrates effective time management as well as skill with managing shifting deadlines to reprioritize as needed.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in marketing/communications field including managing social media page(s) for a business and updating websites in WordPress.
- Minimum of two years’ experience designing/sending emails through Mailchimp or similar, including list management
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience with project management software (Teamwork, Basecamp, Asana, etc.) a plus
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
Community foundations are designed to grow and evolve as our community’s needs change, and new positions are regularly created as a result. As the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo continues to grow, we’re looking for talented people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org.
Please submit responses electronically via email. Response may also be received by U.S. Postal Service if an electronic medium is not available. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.