We are looking for a highly-organized, detail-oriented and collaborative individual with an interest in communications and marketing to join our Communications team. The Communications Assistant will be responsible for coordinating the calendars and projects for the Communications team, as well as supporting the team with emails, website, events, social media and media relations. This position is full-time and reports to the Communications Content Manager.
AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates overall calendars and schedules of the Communications team, including but not limited to: entering/managing tasks in project management software, scheduling/coordinating weekly team check-in and check-out meetings, scheduling internal and external meetings through Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Outlook.
- Supports the Communications team administratively, including but not limited to: monitoring team email inbox, tracking news stories, event support, scheduling and preparing documents for meetings, physical mailings, photography and research.
- Assists with developing and confirming workback schedules for projects.
- Coordinates, schedules and distributes email blasts through MailChimp.
- Tracking and reporting on analytics for multiple social media pages.
- Download and organize incoming content through online storytelling software.
- Update press releases and various other regular communications materials; coordinate approval processes.
- Proactively and reactively update websites through WordPress and other CMS sites. Use Google Analytics and other methods to track website traffic.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively and proactively within the team and across organization to achieve best possible results.
- Willingness to research and learn new technology to best meet the changing needs of the team and organization.
- Actively participate in meetings.
- Has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly; able to meet tight and/or shifting deadlines and reprioritize as needed.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of two years related work experience, e.g. marketing, communications, administrative and/or project management.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of WordPress or similar website management software a plus.
- Knowledge of MailChimp or similar email marketing software a plus.
- Experience with project management software (Teamwork, Basecamp, Asana, etc.) a plus.
- Exhibit effective oral and written communication skills.
Community foundations are designed to grow and evolve as our community’s needs change, and new positions are regularly created as a result. As the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo continues to grow, we’re looking for talented people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org.
Please submit responses electronically via email. Response may also be received by U.S. Postal Service if an electronic medium is not available. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.