The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is seeking to hire a Giving Strategies Associate.
The Giving Strategies Associate reports to the Director, Client Relations, and plays an important role in supporting the work of the Giving Strategies team as it helps many generous individuals, families, foundations, and organizations accomplish the good they wish to do in Western New York and beyond. The Giving Strategies Associate provides responsive and professional customer service to our clients, processes gift and grant letters, supports the team administratively and assists with special projects as needed. This position is based primarily in the office.
Successful Giving Strategies Associates are highly organized, community-minded, service-oriented, and excellent at follow through and client service. They enjoy learning about the unique needs of each client in order to provide them with excellent service and are motivated by the important mission-driven work of the Community Foundation to improve lives in WNY. The Giving Strategies Associate helps to ensure that the Community Foundation’s client relationships are serviced with excellence.
In addition, this position requires sensitivity and integrity due to the Giving Strategies Associate’s access to clients’ highly confidential information. As such, the Giving Strategies Associate must maintain high standards of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality, and use discretion and independent judgment when making decisions. Accuracy in all client communications is of utmost importance in this position.
AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and distribute communications to clients to acknowledge their donations and to communicate information about their charitable distributions (“grants”); follow acknowledgement processes to ensure compliance with Community Foundation policies.
- Assist Director and Senior Director of Client Relations in the planning, scheduling and facilitation of key client meetings, including helping to prepare meeting materials and taking meeting notes.
- Ensure fund statements are distributed to clients on time.
- Coordinate client related invitation lists, mailings and responses.
- Assist clients who wish to access information through the online client website. This includes helping clients get set up on the website and answering questions.
- Maintain contact information for clients and prospective clients, as well as records of communication with clients.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and periodic review of electronic and hard copy client files as appropriate.
- Serve as first point of contact when clients call the Giving Strategies phone line or email with inquiries. Route or handle inquiries effectively.
- Provide clients with excellent personalized service. Be gracious to all and be able to relate effectively with a wide spectrum of people in the community, including the Board of Directors, clients, grantees and the general public. Assist clients in achieving their charitable objectives by connecting them with the correct Community Foundation team members.
- Ensure accuracy throughout all the above responsibilities.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two years experience (or equivalent) in the non-profit or related field (client service, financial services, sales/development or planned giving)
- Able to perform the core duties of the role within 30 days of hiring
- Ability to attend off-site events, such as community events and meetings, and represent the Community Foundation appropriately. Possession of a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience with CRM required. Experience with Salesforce.com and proprietary databases preferred
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and an ability to manipulate database information in a PC environment
- Understanding and adherence to high standards of ethics and confidentiality
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
Celebrating its centennial year in 2019, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo was established in 1919 to enhance and encourage long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. For 100 years the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at www.cfgb.org.
Community foundations are designed to grow and evolve as our community’s needs change, and new positions are regularly created as a result. As the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo continues to grow, we’re looking for talented people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org.
Please submit responses electronically via email. Response may also be received by U.S. Postal Service if an electronic medium is not available. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.