The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo (Community Foundation) is seeking to hire a full-time Giving Strategies Specialist.
The Giving Strategies Specialist (GSS) is a member of the Giving Strategies team and reports to the Director of Gift Planning. The focus of the GSS is business development, as well as supporting the Director of Gift Planning and the Executive Vice President. Specifically, the GSS is responsible for providing support to prospective clients, new clients and professional advisors, creating meeting presentations and prospecting communications, including proposals and agreements for new clients and planned gifts.
The GSS is expected to spend approximately a third of their time on the cultivation and solicitation of prospective clients, a third on development of presentation materials and preparation for meetings and a third managing the prospect pipeline and related activities.
A successful GSS demonstrates professional maturity, has strong people skills, is organized, excellent at follow through, adept at written and verbal communication, and possesses a high level of computer competency. They should be motivated by the important mission-driven work of the Community Foundation and must maintain exceptional standards of professionalism, including ethics and confidentiality.
AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
– GSS will be responsible for responding to prospect and client inquiries and cultivating new business to meet annual goals for quality contacts and prospect pipeline management.
– GSS will be responsible for creating and supporting the development of prospect, new client and professional advisor communication, including managing the completion of response to requests for proposals, meeting presentation materials and other correspondence.
– The GSS will oversee the new client “hand-off” process, ensuring all documentation is complete and all appropriate team members are informed of details of new client relationships.
– GSS will be responsible for coordinating the development of fund agreements and fee for service agreements in consultation with Foundation Counsel, EVP and Director of Gift Planning where appropriate.
– GSS will be responsible for updating the database and information related to prospective client relationships, new business, and the hand-off to client relations.
Modest local travel required
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
– Technical knowledge of investments and/or planned giving preferred
– Experience in client/donor development and using a client relations management (CRM) database required.
– Advanced mastery of computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
– Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in an organized and flexible fashion, with appropriate levels of follow up.
– Capable of exercising good judgment when it comes to problem solving and setting priorities.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Celebrating its centennial year in 2019, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo was established in 1919 to enhance and encourage long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. For 100 years the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at www.cfgb.org.
We’re looking for talented people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org. There is a preference for responses to be submitted electronically via email. However, responses will also be received by U.S. Postal Service if an electronic medium is not available. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.