The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo (Foundation) is seeking to hire a Program Officer.
The Program Officer is a member of the Foundation’s Community Impact team, reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Community Impact, managing a significant portion of the grantmaking activity that occurs at the Foundation. The candidate will also work with the AVP of Community Impact in managing special projects and other initiatives to support the Community Foundation’s community impact efforts. The position will assist in connecting clients/donors to grantmaking opportunities and serves as a primary point of contact for all grant-related inquiries within their assigned portfolio of clients/donors/funds.
- Reviews grant applications to determine awards using the Foundation’s grant application system
- Conducts research associated with grant applications
- Process grantee agreements, award/declination letters and related correspondence
- Ensures timely submission of grant documents and reports
- Updates grant guidelines and applications
- Ensures that grant funds are spent in accordance with the terms laid out in the grant or fund agreement
- Evaluates and follows-up on grants
- Responds to grant information requests
- Coordinates, schedules and attends site visits with prospective and past grant recipients
- Manages and is proficient with the institutional software systems that the Foundations uses in regards to grantmaking, including the ability to have the system produce reports and responses to inquiries and grants histories, as requested
- Performs data entry and analysis as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with relevant experience in the local not-for-profit industry, healthcare, or workforce development.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience in database information and reporting for proprietary database software
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons of diverse backgrounds and organizations through the WNY community
- Effective at communicating in a persuasive, credible manner, in person, in digital settings and in writing and presentations
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft components along with good technology and computer presentation skills
- Experience working with confidential information
About the Foundation:
The Foundation is a public charity dedicated to helping clients/donors make the most of their generosity. Our mission is connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. For 98 years the Foundation has managed endowment funds for individuals, families and organizations, and is currently home to over 800 named funds. The Foundation has a very clear vision: A vibrant and equitable Greater Buffalo region where every individual thrives.
The Foundation is seeking a professional that is enthusiastic and dedicated to ensuring that the Foundation’s community goals are met, within the following four priority areas:
- Promote economic mobility through educational achievement, workforce readiness and access to family sustaining jobs for residents living in low-income households
- Achieve racial/ethnic equity
- Steward significant environmental resources in the context of climate resilience
- Promote regional vibrancy through architecture, arts and culture
For more detail about the Foundation’s community goals see: http://www.cfgb.org/invest-in-wny/
The Program Officer advances these goals by working on the Foundation’s various grantmaking efforts. To see more information about the Foundations’ granting to support community goals see: http://www.cfgb.org/for-nonprofits/for-grant-seekers/community-foundation-grants
The Program Officer also advances various grant opportunities see: https://www.cfgb.org/nonprofits/grants/
Community foundations are designed to grow and evolve as our community’s needs change, and new positions are regularly created as a result. As the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo continues to grow, we’re looking for talented people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org.
Please submit responses electronically via email. Response may also be received by U.S. Postal Service if an electronic medium is not available. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.