The Program Officer is a member of the Foundation’s Community Impact team, reporting to the Vice President of Community Impact, managing a significant portion of the grantmaking activity that occurs at the Foundation. The candidate will also work with the Vice President of Community Impact in managing special projects and other initiatives to support the Community Foundation’s community impact efforts. The position will assist in connecting clients/donors to grantmaking opportunities and serves as a primary point of contact for all grant-related inquiries within their assigned portfolio of clients/donors/funds.
- Reviews grant applications to determine awards using the Foundation’s grant application system
- Conducts research associated with grant applications
- Process grantee agreements, award/declination letters and related correspondence
- Ensures timely submission of grant documents and reports
- Updates grant guidelines and applications
- Ensures that grant funds are spent in accordance with the terms laid out in the grant or fund agreement
- Evaluates and follows-up on grants
- Responds to grant information requests
- Coordinates, schedules and attends site visits with prospective and past grant recipients
- Manages and is proficient with the institutional software systems that the Foundations uses in regards to grantmaking, including the ability to have the system produce reports and responses to inquiries and grants histories, as requested
- Performs data entry and analysis as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with relevant experience in the local not-for-profit industry
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience in database information and reporting for proprietary database software
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons of diverse backgrounds and organizations through the WNY community
- Effective at communicating in a persuasive, credible manner, in person, in digital settings and in writing and presentations
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft components along with good technology and computer presentation skills
- Experience working with confidential information
About the Community Foundation
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is a 501(c)(3) organization that was established in 1919 to enhance and encourage long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. The Community Foundation maintains more than 850 different charitable funds, established by individuals, families, nonprofit organizations and businesses. We are committed to helping our clients support the issues and organizations that they care about most and to fulfill our mission of connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. Together, with our clients and partners, we are creating positive change in our community. Visit www.cfgb.org.
The Foundation is seeking a professional that is enthusiastic and dedicated to ensuring that the Foundation’s community goals are met, within the following four priority areas:
- Improve educational achievement and workforce readiness for residents living in low-income households
- Increase racial/ethnic equity
- Preserve and restore significant environmental resources and promote equitable access
- Strengthen the region as a center for architecture, arts & culture
For more detail about the Foundation’s community goals, visit http://www.cfgb.org/invest-in-wny/.
The Program Officer advances these goals by working on the Foundation’s various grantmaking efforts. To see more information about the Foundations’ granting to support community goals, visit http://www.cfgb.org/for-nonprofits/for-grant-seekers/community-foundation-grants.
The Program Officer also advances various grant opportunities. Visit http://www.cfgb.org/for-nonprofits/for-grant-seekers/ to learn more.
We are looking for top talent: people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo. Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.