We are looking for a highly-organized, detail-oriented and collaborative individual to join our Communications team. The Project and Events Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating individual and team calendars, projects for the Communications team, and coordinating external events for the Community Foundation and its initiatives. Additionally, the Project and Events Coordinator supports the team as needed with emails, website, events, social media and media relations. This position is full-time and is supervised by the Director, Communications.
AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates overall calendars and schedules of the Communications team, including but not limited to: entering/managing tasks in Teamwork; scheduling/running weekly team check-in meetings; sending team members weekly emails with assigned tasks
- Plans and executes events, including overall project management, vendor contracting, assigning/communicating roles and responsibilities, leading event check-in meetings, managing event budgets, fulfilling tasks
- Schedules virtual and in-person internal and external meetings through Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Outlook
- Supports the Communications team administratively, including but not limited to: monitoring internal team email inbox and fulfilling and/or coordinating communications support requests, scheduling and preparing documents for meetings, physical mailings and research; preparing/submitting monthly expense reports for team credit card
- Develops, confirms and tracks workback schedules for projects
- Manages updates to PowerPoint library; creates PowerPoint presentations for Community Foundation team needs
- Manages photography requests, takes photos as needed, catalogs photos; edits/uploads videos as needed
- Assists Communications team as needed with projects such as emails, website, social media and media relations
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively and proactively within the team and across organization to achieve best possible results
- Willingness to research and learn new technology to best meet the changing needs of the team and organization
- Actively participates in meetings
- Has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly; able to meet tight and/or shifting deadlines and reprioritize as needed
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field
- Minimum of two years work experience in project management/coordination; experience with project management software (Teamwork, Basecamp, Asana, etc.) a plus
- Minimum of two years work experience in event planning
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of digital marketing (WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Forms, social media) a plus
- Photography skills a plus
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
Pay range: $19.00 – $22.00/hr
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
For more than a century, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo has enhanced and encouraged long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas, and resources to improve lives in Western New York. Established in 1919, the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at cfgb.org.
Community foundations are designed to grow and evolve as our community’s needs change, and new positions are regularly created as a result. As the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo continues to grow, we’re looking for talented people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org.
Please submit responses electronically via email. Response may also be received by U.S. Postal Service if an electronic medium is not available. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.