The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo (Foundation) is seeking to hire a Racial Equity Initiatives Assistant.
Reporting to the Director of Racial Equity Initiatives (Director REI), the Racial Equity Initiatives Assistant (REIA) assists by supporting the advancement of racial equity initiatives through research, analysis, internal and external communications, project management and meeting and event management. The REIA works with employees across the organization and at times the community. The REIA could be given key functions/tasks related to the programmatic requirements and outcomes of racial equity initiatives that are being led by the Director REI.
AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with accomplishment of support work and needed activities for racial equity initiatives
- Support the organization of meetings and events around racial equity initiatives, involving external individuals, groups or organizations
- Record notes for workgroup and coalition meetings, file notes, send meeting notices and keep attendance of meetings
- Maintain files
- Secure and setup meeting rooms, video conference calls, conference lines
- Order food for meetings
- Arrange travel, registration, lodging, credit card authorizations and expense sheet for reimbursement for Director REI
- Daily monitoring and response for website email – email@example.com
- Post content in collaboration with Communications Director and/or Director REI for daily posts on social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook, and update website as needed as requested by Director REI
- Use project management tools in a standardized fashion, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting Director REI with maintaining project calendars and milestones so that projects stay on track according to pre-approved timelines
- Create, maintain and update Excel spreadsheets
- Research, analyze and present complex information in written reports to Director REI
- Create and update PowerPoint presentations
- Create and update dashboards
- Assist Director REI with the preservation of the Foundation’s established cross-sector partnerships that engage public, private, and nonprofit institutions, as well as residents, in collective action efforts.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Comfortable in a professional setting and assisting in administrative support activities
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in an organized and flexible fashion.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Able to comfortably adapt seamlessly without advance notice of assignment requests or changes
- Capable of exercising good judgment when it comes to problem-solving and setting priorities
- Excellent organizational and workload prioritizing skills
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
Celebrating its centennial year in 2019, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo was established in 1919 to enhance and encourage long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. For 100 years the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at www.cfgb.org.
The Foundation is seeking a professional that is enthusiastic and dedicated to ensuring that the Foundation’s goals are met. For more detail about the Foundation’s community goals see: http://www.cfgb.org/invest-in-wny/
We’re looking for top talent: people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that’s you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo. Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.