Oath Community Benefit Fund for Niagara County – Empire State Development
Empire State Development
The Oath Community Benefit Fund for Niagara County – Empire State Development (“Fund”) was created in 2015 as part of an agreement between Oath (“Oath”) (formerly known as Yahoo!®) and Empire State Development (“ESD”) to establish a customer care and data center in Niagara County. The purpose of the Fund is to further connect Oath to the community as part of Oath’s receipt of New York State Excelsior Tax Credits, as well as a New York State allocation of hydropower from the New York Power Authority.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically online through the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo’s Foundant Grant Lifecycle manager. Only applications submitted online through Foundant will be accepted.
Approximately $230,000 will be available annually through the Fund. Priority will be given to projects that have matching funds from sources other than other public funds.
- Applications will be accepted online beginning April 2, 2018
- Application deadline is May 11, 2018 at 4 p.m.
- Funding decisions will be announced by late July 2018
The Fund, which will operate for seven years from 2015–2021, will consider proposals that:
- Implement smart growth
- Foster a culture of entrepreneurship
- Prepare our workforce
- be located in or provide services to Niagara County
- demonstrate the development and financial management expertise to successfully develop, design, construct, manage and implement the project
- demonstrate ownership or site control of all real estate considered part of the proposed project
For questions regarding the Community Foundation’s online applications system, please contact Ba Zan Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (716) 852-2857.
For all other questions related to the Oath Community Benefit Fund for Niagara County-Empire State Development Grant Process, please contact John Risio at email@example.com.