Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund For Lockport
Impacting the Community of Lockport
Established in 2015 as the Yahoo Community Benefit Fund, this fund was created as a part of Yahoo’s agreement with the Empire State Development Corporation to establish a customer care and data center in the Town of Lockport. In 2017, Verizon purchased Yahoo and created a new subsidiary called Oath. In early 2019, Oath was renamed Verizon Media. Subsequently, the name of the Oath Community Benefit Fund for Lockport was changed to Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund for Lockport.
How to Apply
Applications are submitted electronically online through the Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager. No paper, emailed, or pdf applications are accepted.
The Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund for Lockport invites applications from nonprofit organizations addressing the following five fields of interest:
· Family and Community Building
· Youth Education
· Economic Development
· Animal Welfare
In addition to the fields of interest above, in 2021 the Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund for Lockport will give special preference to projects that address the following issues:
· Digital Inclusion
· Climate Protection
· Human Prosperity
Preference will be given to:
- First, to organizations located or providing services in the Greater Lockport area (defined as the City of Lockport and the Town of Lockport).
- Secondly, to organizations located or delivering services in Niagara County.
Total amount available for disbursement in 2021 is approximately $230,000. Grant awards will be determined by the Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund for Lockport Resident Advisory Council (Council) whose members represent various sectors within Niagara County.
The application will be available online April 1, 2021. Applications are due May 10, 2021 by 4 PM. No exceptions.
Decision notification is in late July of 2021.
- Grants are awarded only to organizations that have current Section 501(c)(3) status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service
- Applicants must be located or delivering services in Niagara County.
- Organizations may only have one active Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund for Lockport grant at any given time.
- Funds are available for projects beginning and ending during the time period of September 1, 2021 – August 31, 2022.
For more information about the Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund for Lockport competitive grants process, please contact Darren Penoyer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (716) 852-2857 ext. 206.
Please click here to download the complete set of guidelines and application questions.
Last Cycle's Grant Recipients
Please click here to download a list of 2020 grantees.