Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund For Lockport
Impacting the Community of Lockport
The Yahoo Community Benefit Fund was created in 2015 as a part of Yahoo’s agreement with Empire State Development to establish a customer care and data center in the Town of Lockport. Due to corporate changes, the fund has been renamed the Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund for Lockport.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically online through the Community Foundation’s Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager.
Amount Available: Approximately $230,000
Preference will be given to organizations located or providing services in the Greater Lockport area, defined as the City of Lockport and the Town of Lockport proper.
Grant awards are determined by the Verizon Media Community Benefit Fund for Lockport Resident Advisory Council.
- Applications will be accepted online beginning April 1, 2019
- Application deadline is May 10, 2019 at 4 p.m.
- Funding decisions will be announced by late July 2019
Organizations located or providing services in Niagara County.
- Organizations with Section 501(c)(3) status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service
- Funds are available for projects beginning and ending during the time period of September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020
The Fund, which will operate for seven years from 2015 – 2021, considers requests that support the following five fields of interest:
- Family and community building
- Youth education
- Economic development
- Animal welfare
The Fund will not consider competitive funding for:
- Religious purposes
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events
- Any partisan political activity(funds from the Fund cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office)
- Propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation (lobbying)
- Projects and activities that have occurred prior to the start of the grant period
Please click here to download the complete set of guidelines and application questions.
Last Cycle's Grant Recipients
Please click here to download a list of 2018 grantees.