- Home »
- For Scholarships
Since 1924, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo has been awarding scholarships to students from Western New York. Since 2000, we have awarded over $25 million in scholarships to thousands of local college students.
- Must be a permanent resident of Western New York (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming counties)
- Must have a minimum “C” or a 2.0 (on a 4.0 system) G.P.A. average or greater
- Must be accepted to a nonprofit, United States Department of Education accredited school for full-time, undergraduate study
- Preference is given to Pell eligible students attending school in Western New York
A limited number of scholarships are available for graduate students in the fields of architecture, arts, engineering, medicine, nursing, piano, environment and wildlife.
Changing schools after the scholarship has been awarded cancels the scholarship.
This scholarship will NOT cover Summer terms. The scholarship is awarded based on the following:
- Fall and Spring full-time attendance for Semester schools.
- Fall, Winter and Spring full-time attendance for Trimester schools.