- Home »
- For Scholarships
Our scholarship process is now closed. Please check back in January 2017 for more information.
Since 1924, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo has been awarding scholarships to students from Western New York.
Our scholarships are restricted to current residents of the eight counties of Western New York.
Students must have been admitted to a nonprofit 501(c)3, U.S. Department of Education accredited school in the United States for full-time study at the undergraduate level. Applicants who permanently relocate outside Western New York are no longer eligible for funding. Students who attend college outside Western New York remain eligible if they maintain a permanent residence in Western New York. In addition, Pell eligible applicants attending school within the eight counties of Western New York will be given strong preference in the award decision process.
A limited number of scholarships are available for graduate students in specialized fields (architecture, arts, engineering, medicine, nursing, piano, environment, and wildlife).
Important Dates & Deadlines for Scholarship Applicants:
- Scholarship applications become available online
January - February
- Complete the FAFSA
- Complete and submit the Community Foundation’s scholarship application online
- Submit a copy of your most recent grades as part of the online application
- We no longer accept hard copy Unmet Need Forms.
- Be sure to authorize the Community Foundation to receive your financial information electronically from your college/university. (This release is found at the end of the online application.)
- Online scholarship applications, including grades, are due March 1st.
- Final School Choice due by April 1st.
- Unmet Need information is due from financial aid officers by April 1st.
- Contact the Community Foundation to ensure all of your materials are complete! Contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive award/denial notification