The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is seeking to hire an Operations Efficiency Manager.
The Operations Efficiency Manager (OEM) is a member of the Operations Team and is supervised by the Senior Director of Administrative Operations (SDAO).
The Operations Team is responsible for keeping the Community Foundation running effectively by providing operational administrative support to the entire Foundation Team. The Operations Team accomplishes this by working with the various Foundation teams to achieve operational excellence in the areas of technology, processes, procedures, information reporting, and project management. By doing so the Foundation teams can perform the day-to-day activities of their roles in a proficient and optimized manner.
The SDAO has responsibility to design, implement and monitor the Foundation’s business processes in a collaborative manner through cross-function teams. The OEM supports the SDAO and the Foundation teams in three main areas where operational excellence is desired:
- Business Process Management
- Information and Technology Systems
- Project Management
For an individual to be successful in the position they must have experience in all three of these areas. This is especially true in the area of IT support since the technology function lives within the Operations team.
Additionally, The OEM must have excellent organizational skills as they are responsible for several administrative duties across several function and project teams within the Foundation. They must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment, have excellent social and communications skills, and be able to assess, troubleshoot and problem-solve. The OEM is responsible for supporting training and guidance to ensure that all personnel are thoroughly familiar with all policies and procedures, processes, and IT advancements.
AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Process Management:
The OEM will assist in this area by providing support for the development, documentation and implementation of efficient policies and procedures throughout the Foundation. In this area the OEM will:
- Support the identification, definition, planning and execution of business process improvement strategies in a cross-functional manner with internal stakeholders including leadership of initiatives as needed
- Participate in initiatives or activities that improve the quality, productivity, and response time of the Foundation’s business process, by removing non-value-added activities and costs
- Monitor administrative systems so that the administrative support provided by the Operations function to the various Foundation cross-functional and project-based teams is delivered in an efficient and effective manor
- Assist in developing and monitoring the Foundation’s operating policies and procedures to make sure they are in place, operating effectively and functioning as designed
- Proactively identifies office needs and challenges including remote work arrangements, and works to resolve them in a timely fashion
- Serve as liaison with building management on workspace maintenance and renovation challenges
- Ensure that the Foundation’s workspace is meeting the needs of Foundation team members and the various community partners that also use the Foundation’s workspace
- Confirm that office equipment is well maintained, operating effectively and procedures are in place to ensure Foundation team members are proficient at using such equipment
- Assist with the onboarding and coordinates the orientation of new team members in cooperation with the new team member’s supervisor and the individuals who lead the various orientation sessions
Information and Technology Systems:
The OEM helps to manage the information and technology systems in use at the Foundation. These information and technology systems include, but are not limited to, the following: desktops, laptops, local area network, various cloud-based platforms, software, wireless access points, internet, conference room video conferencing equipment and platforms, and
The OEM works alongside Project Team Leaders to plan and execute projects for the Foundation. They may also serve as a team leader. The duties include identifying project needs and goals, creating a detailed plan to successfully complete a project and organizing and storing project reports and documents.
- Infrequent local travel
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in business management or related administrative, operations, and/or information systems field preferred
- Five years or more experience for the areas noted is preferred; equivalent educational or work experience acceptable
- Project Management Certification preferred; experience required
- Experience in systems implementation, process mapping, process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma; certification preferred
- Advanced IT knowledge and technical skills including the ability to troubleshoot and solve IT users’ immediate needs when IT consultants are not onsite
- Proficient in the use of the video conferencing equipment and platforms including Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and application of computer skills, including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to plan, set priorities, organize, coordinate and direct multiple projects and activities with varied deadlines
- Quick learner, responsive to changing priorities and dedicated to completion of required tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great social skills with the demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners and with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in an organized and flexible fashion, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates experience with prioritizing work when committed to multiple projects simultaneously; demonstrates effective time management as well as skill with managing shifting deadlines to reprioritize as needed
- Capable of exercising good judgement when it comes to problem solving, setting priorities, and decision making
- Skill for learning new technologies to best meet the changing needs of the team and organization and utilizing systems that promote efficiency and effectiveness
Salary range: $65k – $75k
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
For more than a century, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo has enhanced and encouraged long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas, and resources to improve lives in Western New York. Established in 1919, the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations, and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at cfgb.org.
Community foundations are designed to grow and evolve as our community’s needs change, and new positions are regularly created as a result. As the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo continues to grow, we’re looking for talented people who want to use their abilities to make a lasting difference. If that is you, then please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and what you would bring to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
Send cover letter and resume as a single Word or PDF document via email to: Jobs@CFGB.org. Please submit response electronically via email. However, response may also be received by U.S. Postal Service if an electronic medium is not available. No calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, practices inclusion and works to advance equity.