Garman Family Foundation Grants
Addressing Psychological, Emotional and Social Well-being
The Garman Family Foundation is currently administered by the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo. The Garman Family Foundation will hold two cycles per year with a focus on organizations addressing the psychological, emotional and social well-being and/or health of individuals with a preference for women, children and education.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically online through the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo’s Foundant Grant Lifecycle manager. Only applications submitted online through Foundant will be accepted.APPLY NOW
The maximum amount of funding that can be requested is $25,000. An average grant is in the range of $10,000. Should an organization request more than $25,000, please discuss the request in advance with Jean McKeown. Jean can be reached at email@example.com or (716) 852-2857 ext. 204.
At any given time, organizations can only have one open grant with the Garman Family Foundation.
The use of grant funds for purposes not pre-approved by the Garman Family Foundation or not supported through required documentation will result in a request that those grant funds be returned to the Garman Family Foundation.
The failure of an applicant to properly close out a grant in a timely manner will be a factor when considering new grants.
- Process opens August 15, 2018 at 8 a.m.
- Application due September 12, 2018 at 4 p.m.
- Decision notification: Early December 2018
NOTE: Applications in draft form on the website after the deadline will be considered abandoned and will not be eligible to be considered.
- Applicants must be located in or serving one of the eight counties of Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming.
- Grants are awarded only to organizations that have a current Section 501(c)(3) status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Eligible organizations can expect to receive only one Garman Family Foundation grant per year. On a very limited basis, the Garman Family Foundation will offer the opportunity for two-year support with second year support contingent upon outcomes from year one.
The Garman Family Foundation will not consider funding for:
- Higher education scholarships
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside Western New York
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity
- Projects and activities that have occurred
Please click here here for a complete set of guidelines.