Garman Family Foundation Grants
Addressing Mental Health, Physical Wellness, and Education
The Garman Family Foundation is administered by the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo. The Garman Family Foundation offers two cycles per year with a focus on organizations addressing mental health, physical wellness, and education of individuals with a preference for women and children.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically online through the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo’s Foundant Grant Lifecycle manager. Only applications submitted online through Foundant will be accepted.
The maximum amount of funding that can be requested is $50,000. Should an organization intend to request more than $50,000, they must contact Jean McKeown, Special Advisor to President/CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to discuss this request.
Organizations with a current open Garman Family Foundation grant are not eligible to apply for this cycle. The use of grant funds for purposes not pre-approved by the Garman Family Foundation or not supported through required documentation will result in a request that those grant funds be returned to the Garman Family Foundation.
The failure of an applicant to properly close out a grant in a timely manner will be a factor when considering new grants.
- Application available online January 29, 2024.
- Application due February 26, 2024 at 4 p.m. No exceptions.
- Decisions announced early June 2024.
- Applicants must be located in or serving one of the eight counties of Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming.
- Grants are awarded only to organizations that have a current Section 501(c)(3) status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Organizations with a current open Garman Family Foundation grant are not eligible to apply for this cycle. Your final report must be submitted and all funds spent down prior to applying for another grant.
- On a very limited basis, the Garman Family Foundation will offer the opportunity for two-year support with second year support contingent upon outcomes from year one.
The Garman Family Foundation will not consider funding for:
- Higher education scholarships
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside Western New York
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity
- Projects and activities that have occurred
- Organizations that engage, participate, and/or are evidenced to
participate in discriminatory practices
Grant related questions may be directed to Jean McKeown at (716) 852-2857 ext. 204 or email@example.com.
For general information and technical questions, please contact Cara Reynolds at (716) 852-2857 ext. 238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.