Niagara Area Foundation Grants
The Niagara Area Foundation (NAF) was established in 2000 by a group of Niagara County individuals in the private and nonprofit sectors who felt a major charity-oriented philanthropic void existed in Niagara County
Members of the NAF Council represent the whole of Niagara County and are committed to county-wide philanthropic efforts
How to Apply
Applications are submitted electronically online through the Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager. No paper, emailed, or pdf applications are accepted.
In 2023, NAF will consider any submitted applications that have maximum positive impact on Niagara County and that align with one of the Council’s two goals:
- YOUTH ENRICHMENT: To build stronger communities through the enrichment of youth, positive youth development, and equity and inclusion.
- ENVIRONMENT: To support and enhance education and awareness about the importance and creation of a healthy, vibrant, and safe ecosystem for Niagara County residents.
Total amount available for disbursement in 2023 is approximately $60,000.
The maximum grant available is $10,000. If an organization wishes to submit a request for more than the maximum amount, they must contact the Foundation in advance to discuss their application.
- Application available September 11, 2023
- Applications due October 13, 2023, by 4 p.m. No exceptions.
- Final decisions approximately mid-December 2023
- Grants are awarded only to organizations that have current Section 501(c)(3) status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service
- Applicants must be located or delivering services in Niagara County
- At any given time, organizations can only have one open competitive grant with the NAF.
Detailed Guidelines/Additional Information
Please click here to download the detailed NAF competitive process general information and guidelines.
For more information about the NAF competitive grants process, please contact Darren Penoyer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (716) 852-2857 ext. 206.
Last Cycle Grant Recipients
Please click here to download a list of past NAF grantees