Wyoming Foundation Grants
Tackling Community Needs, One at a Time
The Wyoming Foundation was established in 1974 by Dr. James MacCallum as a means to improve the quality of life in Wyoming County. Since 1977, the Foundation has actively supported a wide variety of cultural, educational and human service organizations.
Members of the Wyoming Foundation Council represent the whole of Wyoming County. In 2012, the Council worked with community and nonprofit sector to develop the Wyoming County Needs Assessment which still guides its work to this day.
How to Apply
Applications are submitted electronically online through the Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager. No paper, emailed, or pdf applications are accepted.
As a result of the 2012 Needs Assessment, the Wyoming Foundation identified two priorities for its work:
· To provide educational opportunities to youth, which equip them for future careers.
· Support and promote arts/cultural opportunities in Wyoming County.
· The Foundation will support initiatives and programs that can show maximum positive impact on Wyoming County.
Healthcare providers are reporting that youth are in need of additional supports due to conditions exacerbated by the pandemic, such as isolation, disruptions to daily life, academics, etc. Therefore, in addition to the above priorities, for its 2022 competitive grants process, the Wyoming Foundation is encouraging innovative, collaborative requests that address youth (defined as 18/under) mental health.
Total amount available for disbursement in 2022 is approximately $25,000
The maximum grant available is $5,000.
- Application available online April 1, 2022
- Application due May 2, 2022 by 4 PM. No exceptions
- Decision notification mid-June 2022
- Grants are awarded only to organizations that have current Section 501(c)(3) status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service
- Applicants must be located or delivering services in Wyoming County
- At any given time, organizations can only have one open competitive grant with the Wyoming Foundation
For more information about the Wyoming Foundation competitive grants process, please contact Darren Penoyer by email at email@example.com or at (716) 852-2857 ext. 206.
Please click here to download the complete set of guidelines and application questions.
Last Cycle's Grant Recipients
Please click here to download a list of past Wyoming Foundation grantees.