Buffalo, N.Y. – The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is now accepting applications for the 2023 Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Funds competitive grant process and the deadline to apply is December 2, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
In 2015, the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation established endowment funds at the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo to provide annual support for programs and initiatives that reflect the personal passions of Mr. Wilson. The four areas of interest that grants will support are:
- Caregivers: Support caregivers – whether paid, voluntary or family – of persons who are unable to fully care for themselves and are part of an underserved community. Preference will be given to organizations or projects that provide support to caregivers of older adults.
- Community Assets: Support significant cultural and historic assets and/or increase access to long-term arts instruction for youth.
- Design and Access: Support enhancement of community access to spaces and programs that support healthy living.
- Youth Sports: Provide opportunities for all children to be active through sport.
Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located within the eight counties of Western New York (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming). For Caregivers, Design and Access, and Youth Sports, government agencies also may apply. For Community Assets grants, only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that reside in Erie County may apply.
For more information about deadlines and eligibility, and to apply, please visit www.cfgb.org/nonprofits/grants/ralph-wilson-legacy/.
Virtual grant information sessions will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 16, 12 – 1 p.m. (All four interest areas)
- Wednesday, November 16, 6 – 7 p.m. (Youth Sports applicants only)
You can find links to join the information sessions and all the details of the grant process here: www.cfgb.org/nonprofits/grants/ralph-wilson-legacy/.
Applications are due Dec. 2, 2022 at 4 p.m.
About the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
For more than a century, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo has enhanced and encouraged long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. Established in 1919, the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at cfgb.org.
About the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Funds
The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Funds were established at the Community Foundation to provide support to four areas that were important to Mr. Wilson: caregivers, community assets, design and access, and youth sports. Endowment funds, like these created to honor Mr. Wilson, are designed to grow over time and provide funding for charitable causes according to a client’s wishes.