Lockport, N.Y. – The Niagara Area Foundation announced awards totaling more than $60,000 to eight Niagara area nonprofit organizations for its 2023 grant cycle. The grants will support programs with maximum positive impact in Niagara County that align with one of the Council’s two goals:
- Youth Enrichment: To build stronger communities through the enrichment of youth, positive youth development, and equity and inclusion.
- Environment: To support and enhance education and awareness about the importance and creation of a healthy, vibrant, and safe ecosystem for Niagara County residents.
2023 Niagara Area Foundation Competitive grant recipients include:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Northtowns of WNY – $5,000 for North Tonawanda After School Youth Enrichment Program
- Buffalo Niagara Waterkeeper – $10,000 for Niagara County Watershed Education: Connecting with Youth for a Safer Niagara
- Francis Center, Inc. – $10,000 for Francis Center Children’s After School Program- Academic Support and Social Emotional Education
- Kenan Center – $9,000 for Kenan Acres – Computer Lab
- New Directions Youth & Family Services – $7,000 for Increasing Educational Opportunities for Children from Families Experiencing Financial Hardship
- Niagara Falls Boys and Girls Club – $10,000 for Building Youth Safety & Resilience
- WAHI Studio, Inc. – $6,700 for After School Art Club Going Green
- Western New York Land Conservancy – $2,500 for Stella Niagara Preserve Trail Upgrades
A division of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, the Niagara Area Foundation is committed to strengthening the Niagara region by addressing critical needs to improve lives. The Niagara Area Foundation awards are made possible thanks to the generosity of individuals and groups who established funds with the Niagara Area Foundation for the benefit of Niagara County residents. For more information, visit www.TheNiagaraAreaFoundation.org.
About the Niagara Area Foundation
Founded in 2000 as a division of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, the Niagara Area Foundation’s goal is to provide support for nonprofit organizations, and philanthropic initiatives for Niagara County residents. Currently, the Niagara Area Foundation has more than $8 million in assets. www.TheNiagaraAreaFoundation.org.
About the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
For more than a century, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo has enhanced and encouraged long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. Established in 1919, the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at cfgb.org