Lockport, N.Y. – The Niagara Area Foundation announced awards totaling more than $58,000 to eight Niagara area nonprofit organizations for its 2021 grant cycle. The grants will support programs that have demonstrated they will have a positive impact on Niagara County in the areas of health, human services, arts, civic needs, community development, education and the environment, with an emphasis on positive youth development.
2021 Niagara Area Foundation Competitive grant recipients include:
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Northtowns of WNY – Academic Success Program
- Community Missions of Niagara Frontier – Girls Circle
- Highland Clubhouse – Camp Citizen
- Horizon Health Services – School-Based Speakers Bureau
- FeedMore WNY, Inc. – Backpack Program
- Mental Health Advocates of WNY – Just Tell One Discussion Guide Program for Students
- Service Collaborative of WNY – Beds for Buffalo in Niagara County
- Youth Mentoring Services of Niagara County – School’s Out
A division of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, the Niagara Area Foundation is committed to strengthening the Niagara region by addressing critical needs to improve lives. For more information, visit www.TheNiagaraAreaFoundation.org.
About the Niagara Area Foundation
Founded in 2000 as a division of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, the Niagara Area Foundation’s goal is to provide support for nonprofit organizations, and philanthropic initiatives for Niagara County residents. Currently, the Niagara Area Foundation has more than $8 million in assets. www.TheNiagaraAreaFoundation.org.
About the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
For more than a century, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo has enhanced and encouraged long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. Established in 1919, the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at cfgb.org.