Buffalo, N.Y. – The Niagara Area Foundation announced awards totaling more than $62,000 to nine Niagara area nonprofit organizations for its 2019 grant cycle.
2019 Niagara Area Foundation Competitive grant recipients include:
- Buffalo Hearing and Speech – Early Childhood Program at the John Pound Early Childhood Center
- Food Bank of WNY – BackPack Program
- Girl Scouts of WNY – Out of School Time with Girl Scouts
- Leadership Niagara – Leadership for the Youth of Niagara Communities (LYNC)
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center Foundation – Child Abuse Intervention Project
- Niagara University – Building Community Developers Program
- St. John the Baptist Parish/ YMCA of Lockport – Kids to Camp
- The Teacher’s Desk – Access to school supplies for Lockport students in need
- Youth Mentoring Services of Niagara County – STEM ED
A division of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo the Niagara Area Foundation is committed to supporting programs that will have maximum positive impact on Niagara County in categories which include: arts, civic needs, community development, education, environment, and health and human services. For more information, visit www.TheNiagaraAreaFoundation.org.
About the Niagara Area Foundation
Founded in 2000 as a division of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, the Niagara Area Foundation’s goal is to provide support for nonprofit organizations, and philanthropic initiatives for Niagara County residents. Currently, the Niagara Area Foundation has more than $8 million in assets. www.TheNiagaraAreaFoundation.org.
About the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
For more than a century, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo has enhanced and encouraged long-term philanthropy in the Western New York community. A 501 (c)(3) organization, the Community Foundation’s mission is: Connecting people, ideas and resources to improve lives in Western New York. Established in 1919, the Community Foundation has made the most of the generosity of individuals, families, foundations and organizations who entrust charitable assets to the Community Foundation’s care. Learn more at cfgb.org.