Emerging Philanthropists of Color Grants
How to Apply
Applications MUST be submitted electronically online. No paper applications will be accepted.APPLY NOW
Two grants of $2,500 each will be awarded in November 2018.
Applicants may apply for one award to enhance an existing project/program or to create a new project/program. Grant applications will be reviewed and awarded by the Emerging Philanthropists of Color members. Finalists must make a three-minute presentation and may answer follow-up questions in support of their project/program. Presentations will take place in October 2018.
- RFP posted online: July 1, 2018
- Application submissions due: August 31, 2018 by 4 p.m.
- Selected organizations notified to submit four-minute presentations: October 4, 2018
- Funding decisions announced: Mid-October
- Check presentation: November 8, 2018
Nonprofit organizations are eligible for an award by meeting the following requirements:
- Organization has tax exempt status (in good standing) under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organization has an operating budget of less than $1,000,000
- Organization’s work has a positive impact on people of color in the city of Buffalo, Niagara Falls or Lackawanna
- Organization’s proposed project respects and promotes diversity AND one (1) or more of the following:
- Improves educational achievement and workforce readiness for residents living in low-income households
- Increases racial/ethnic equity
- Preserves and restore significant environmental resources and promotes equitable access
- Strengthens the region as a center for architecture, arts and culture
The Emerging Philanthropists of Color will not consider funding for:
- Higher education scholarships (separate application, deadlines and process)
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Lackawanna
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity (funds from the foundation cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office)
- Projects and activities already completed
If you have questions or would like more information regarding the Communities of Giving Legacy Initiative and the EPC grant opportunity, contact Landrum Beard by email at email@example.com or call ((716) 852-2857 ext. 231.
Please click here for a complete set of guidelines.