Emerging Philanthropists of Color Grants
How to Apply
Applications MUST be submitted electronically online. No paper applications will be accepted.
Two grants of $2,500 each will be awarded in December 2020.
Applicants may apply for one award to enhance an existing STEM-focused project/program or to create a new STEM-focused project/program. Grant applications will be reviewed and awarded by the Emerging Philanthropists of Color members. Finalists must make a three-minute presentation and may answer follow-up questions in support of their project/program. Presentations will take place in November 2020.
- RFP posted online: October 15, 2020
- Application submissions due: November 5 by 4 p.m.
- Selected organizations notified to submit four-minute presentations: November 12, 2020
- Funding decisions announced: December 3, 2020
Nonprofit organizations are eligible for an award by meeting the following requirements:
- Organization has tax exempt status (in good standing) under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organization has an operating budget of less than $1,000,000
- Organization’s work has a positive impact on people of color in the city of Buffalo, Niagara Falls or Lackawanna
- Organization’s proposed project respects and promotes diversity AND one (1) or more of the following:
- Improves educational achievement and workforce readiness for residents living in low-income households
- Increases racial/ethnic equity
- Preserves and restore significant environmental resources and promotes equitable access
- Strengthens the region as a center for architecture, arts and culture
The Emerging Philanthropists of Color will not consider funding for:
- Higher education scholarships (separate application, deadlines and process)
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Lackawanna
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity (funds from the foundation cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office)
- Projects and activities already completed
Please check back for updates.