Communities of Giving Legacy Initiative (CGLI)
The mission of the Communities of Giving Legacy Initiative (CGLI) mission is to cultivate positive change in the lives of trailblazing youth of color living within Western New York. CGLI accomplishes this mission via endowment building, engaging strategic partners, and intentional community connections.
November 21, 2016
The CGLI’s new grant opportunity under the Emerging Philanthropists of Color announced two grant awards of $2,500 each to two Western New York youth-serving organizations at the CGLI's 2016 Pay It Forward Awards.
- Click here to read more from this announcement.
September 20, 2016
A group of local students participated in activities to expand their knowledge of government and democracy through the CGLI's Close Up Washington, D.C. Experience.
- Click here to learn more about this experience from the CGLI's 2016 Close Up Class.
July 29, 2016
The CGLI’s Emerging Philanthropists of Color is currently accepting grant applications for two $2,500 awards. Local youth-serving organizations are encouraged to apply by August 31, 2016.
- Click here for grant details and to apply.
July 27, 2016
Call For Nominations! The CGLI's 2016 Pay It Forward Awards
The CGLI is now accepting nominations from the public for its fourth annual Pay It Forward Awards. Nominations for individuals and organizations are available for submission here.
June 27, 2016
Local Initiative Connects Communities of Color to Giving Back Through New Programs
The Communities of Giving Legacy Initiative (CGLI) announce exciting new programs aimed to expand access to philanthropy and bridge communities of color to emerging opportunities right here in Western New York. The new programs all work together to provide the knowledge and tools needed to empower and advance the work of organizations and individuals who help enrich the lives of youth of color.
- Click here to read more about these exciting new programs that help to showcase our next generation of professionals and philanthropists of color.
May 12, 2016
Opera from a Sistah's Point of View
- Click here to view photos from the event.
- Click here to read more about Angela Brown's return to Buffalo and the performance that opened the eyes of our youth.
March 4, 2016
The CGLI Launches The Young Philanthropists!
Buffalo Business First Reporter, Tracey Drury, features a story of the CGLI's launch of its new "leadership academy," The Young Philanthropists. The program launch included an exclusive tour with Buffalo Public School students of local computer device manufacturer, BAK USA. The Young Philanthropists is a three-week program designed to spark students' curiosity about grantmaking and community impact while inspiring their passion and generosity.
- Click here to read: Foundation Programs Work to Create Young Philanthropists of Color.
- Click here for photos from this event.
For more information on the Communities of Giving Legacy Initiative, contact CGLI Director, Landrum Beard by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (716) 852-2857 ext. 231.